Junk Kouture is a year-round, free-to-enter programme for entrants in second-level education that challenges its participants to design, create and model their wearable haute couture styled from rubbish with the ultimate achievement of qualifying for a spot at the Junk Kouture World Final, taking place in September 2022.
Following on from monumental success in Ireland, which has seen over 100,000 participants engaged to date, ALTER will be launching the acclaimed programme for youth creative expression and sustainability in the UK.
ALTER will be maximising Junk Kouture’s launch in the UK via:
- Generating media coverage within education-specific publications and outlets
- Generating Trade coverage, using the founders of Junk Kouture through TV and digital profile opportunities and interviews
- Utilisation of celebrity judges, Michelle Visage and Fabio Piras to amplify brand awareness through TV and digital profile opportunities and interviews
- Creation and management of influencer partnerships with a specific focus on sustainability and climate activists
- Creation of key brand assets through promotional photoshoots
- Social media and content support across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
Following a London landmark photo shoot that captured the designs coming to life on the iconic streets of London, ALTER has already secured high tier coverage across national and fashion trade publications such as The Times, Fashion Network and Industry Fashion announcing the arrival of Junk Kouture to the UK.